Top 10 Best DNA Kits and Ancestry Websites - Consumer Affairs
5 Best DNA Testing Kits For Ancestry - DNA Testing Guides
How to plan a successful genealogy trip - Million Mile Secrets
We have found the following links to contain useful and helpful information for researchers working on Berks County, Pennsylvania lines.
- ROOTS-L data base and links
- ROOTS-L Pennsylvania resources. Includes searchable surname list and more links to Pennsylvania Genealogical and Historical Resources on the Net.
- USGenWebProject - Pennsylvania
- Genealogical information for all of Pennsylvania, organized by county.
- USGenWebArchives, Berks County, PA
- Part of Pennsylvania USGenWebArchives
- Although these names sound similar to the USGenWebProject link above, they are organized differently and have a search capability. They contain census, court, land, church, military, obituary, and bible records among others.
- PA-Roots is owned and operated by Alice Gayley and Nathan Zipfel. They started PA-Roots in 1998 to serve their need to host the various genealogy projects that they were involved with at the time. Their purpose is to be the premier site for on-line resources for Pennsylvania Genealogy. They are accomplishing that by providing free web space to various Pennsylvania county projects as well as hosting the PAGenWeb Project.
- Strausstown Roots
- Kathy Jo & Mary Alice Berger created this site in tribute to their many ancestors who were born or lived or died at Strausstown, Berks County, Pennsylvania. It is organized, informative, and searchable.
- Berks County Register of Wills
- General information on the resources of the register of will office. Searchable indexes of birth, death and marriage registers for the City of Reading and County of Berks.
- Berks County Office of the Prothonotary
- Their Archives Center has docket books and indexes of many civil records including appearance dockets, judgement dockets, execution dockets, mechanics liens, city liens, and naturalization records.
- Asian American History Timeline
- Asians first began to immigrate to the U.S. in the mid-19th century. This site provides an informative timeline.
- GenPhotos, Berks County, PA.
- This is a site maintained by Justine Walter. There are many old photos and a lot of good information about Berks County churches, cemeteries, localities, and families including Riegel, Wells, Babb, and Brecht.
- Rootsweb Surname Websites
- Search websites of genealogists researching the same surname.
- Go ReadingBerks
- Berks County visitor information, entertainment and restaurant guide, shopping information, and more.
- Pagoda Webcam
- Pagoda-Skyline Inc shares the current photos from the cameras attached to the Pagoda and Fire Tower roofs atop Neversink Mountain. View YouTube Videos
- Berks County Time Train Videos
- These short informative videos cover numerous topics about historical Berks County.
- History at Home: A Guide to Genealogy
- This helpful reference guide was referred to us by a group from After School Care Programs.
- Reading Eagle Obituaries
- Search the Reading Eagle obituary database. It contains all listings for the last 2 years.
- Reading Eagle Newspaper Archives (Google)
- Search / Browse tens of thousands of past issues of the Reading Eagle.
- Obituary Site Unseen
- This site is maintained by Mike Osiol and contains obituary information for the areas of Northern Chester, Western Montgomery, and Southern Berks counties of Pennsylvania.
- Time Period: 1858 through 1932
Information Available: Death Notices, Obituaries, and Funeral Notices