The Society holds regular meetings throughout the year except in December and January. An integral part of each meeting is a talk given by a noted speaker on topics related to genealogical and historical research. See the full calendar below. All General Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, at 6:30 PM. in the BCGS Library. Remember, doors open at 6 PM. Refreshments will be served before the program. Programs are free to Society members, donation requested from non-members.
The society also holds one dinner meeting and one picnic each year. The June Dinner Meeting and the Annual Picnic are held at various locations.
Periodically the Society conducts workshops, seminars, and trips for members and the general public which relate to genealogical research, methodology, and various other related activities.
- Thursday, April 20 @ 6pm
- New Happenings in the Prothonatary's Office by Jonathan
J DDelCollo, Acting Berks County Prothonotary. He will speak on the records kept in his office that will be of help to your genealogy research. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Light refreshments before the meeting.
- Thursday, May 18
- Field Trip to Tulpehocken Settlement Historical Society and view their library collection.
- Annual Banquet, Saturday, June 17, @ 12 Noon
- The Annual Banquet will be held at Wegman's Restaurant. The guest speaker will be local TV personality, Mike Reinert, host of Berks County Time Train every Monday on the Channel 69 news. Fill out and return Reservation Form by June 6.
- Thursday, July 20 @ 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 17 @ 6:30pm
- Ongoing in the BCGS Library
- BCGS Book Sale - Everything must go!! Find a gift for the genealogist on your list, or something similar. Prices have been slashed to move the merchandise before we have to give up the space. First come, first served. Book Sale List
- Reading Eagle Digitizing Project Update - We will be sending approximately 500 rolls out of 1,049 rolls to be digitized and expect them back by the end of March. As we raise more funds, another batch will be sent. Thank you for your donations! More »
- Sunday, March 12 | 12 - 4pm
- The Berks County Genealogical Society will hold an Open House on Sunday, March 12, to commemorate National Genealogy Day and to celebrate our 37th anniversary. Join us in Room 413 at the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, 201 Washington Street, Reading, PA 19601 from noon to 4 p.m. for refreshments and a FREE one-hour How to Get Started class at 2 p.m.